I am a Democrat. My father who passed away in 2008 was a Democrat, he voted for all Democrat Presidential Candidates from Harry S. Truman in 1948 through John Kerry in 2004. My mother who also proudly votes Democrat has done so since Adlai S. Stevenson 1952 and will no doubt do so again at age 91 in 2020. I too have never missed any elections, since I first voted for Jimmy Carter’s In 1976. I too have always voted democrat. I see nothing in my Jewish heritage that will cause me to regret voting Democrat once again.
Although the three of us have always voted for the Democrats, we are hardly sycophantic. I enjoy an Intelligent debate with those who disagree with me. I don’t find the Democratic Party perfect. I feel that we have an unwritten obligation to our neighbors to help. The present day Republicans party is without compassion, empathy or feeling for the citizens of his country and blind hatred for anybody who is not as citizen. This is not how I believe our country should be.
Somebody may read the above paragraph and call me a Socialist. I have no idea what that means in its present day vernacular. I define “socialism” as “a political belief with which contains policies that Sean Hannity disagree with.
The President often speaks of "Making America Great Again.” However, I am concerned about his concept of greatness. I contend that we have yet to achieve greatness. Ergo, because of this President’s lack of knowledge, curiosity and respect for history he is romanticizing about and willing to settle for an imperfect time.
When does he believe that we were great? Were we great at a time when we condoned, kidnapped and enslaved of a free and innocent race? Were we great after allegedly returning the freedom to these people, citizens of our nation continued to discriminate, segregate, indiscriminately beat and lynched, while a government stood by silently and watched? Were we great we allowed an alcoholic Senator to terrorize people on the basis of their choice of friends? Were we great when we allowed well over 1,000,000 people to be killed in a war, which we escalated by our leaders whom knew that our involvement in the war was by virtue of false pretenses? Were we great when we again entered a foreign land, claiming that they had attacked us, but knowing all along that that was a canard.
We certainly did not show any form of greatness when we used the military to quell a peaceful protest, while our leader hid min a bunker. Mr Trump that combination puts you in a select group of leaders who have both used chemicals against their own citizen and hid in a bunker. The others that come to mind with that combination, were Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler.
Facebook recently removed Trump Ads , that featured an upside red triangle, Trump Campaign official claim that this is used by "Antifa" Nobody from "Antifa" is saying anything. Why is that , I wonder. Because there is no organized "Antifa". it is a philosophy not a group. There are many small disorganized group that refer to themselves as "Antifa," But US Intelligence says that there is no indication that they have anything to do with recent violence. Why was this symbol removed because this symbol was used by Nazis to designate political prisoners, communists and others in concentration camps
This president has no respect for history. He has mapped out the route to return us to this fictional time of greatness passes directly through Germany in 1932. The items listed before may only be coincidental, but either coincidental or purposeful if I, as. A Jew, were planning to vote from Donald Trump I would think twice.
1) Both Adolph Hitler and Donald Trump found a direct route to their base. Hitler via giveaway radios that only transmitted one station. These single frequency radio exclusively played Hitler’s scapegoating rants blaming Jews for Germany’s woes. President Trump delivers his self-serving often fictional messages via Twitter. He has replaced the Jewish with the Mexicans. There is no evidence that the Mexicans crossing the border are ay more dangerous than any other group including those white Americans which make up a large portion of the President's base;
2) Both Adolph Hitler and President Trump despise their opponents. Hitler would refer to his political opponents as cockroaches, parasites, criminals, etc… President Trump leads the rally to jail Hillary Clinton,. Accuses Ted Cruz’s father of killing President Kennedy and retweets an unsubstantiated conspiracy accusing the Clintons of murder;
3) Hitler would refer to the press as Lügenpresse (lying press). Quite similar to President Trump's habit of referring to any newspaper, television or cable news report that contains any critical comments about him as ”fake news;”
4) Both relentlessly disrespect the mainstream media, regardless of the facts. President Trump has lead the chant ”CNN Sucks, ” and the “failing New York Times.” at the same time supporting the questionable veracity of Sean Hannity and the Epoch Times;
5) Both reject statements and conclusions of academics and scientific experts while accepting the unsubstantiated conspiracy theories created by right-wing zealots;
6) Both organize rallies to celebrate their fictional accomplishments;
7) Hitler's goal was to ”restore Germany’s greatness, ” President Trump longs to ”make America great again;”
8) Both want the borders closed. Hitler barred Jews, Trump tried to bar Muslims and people from south of the Rio Grande;
9) Both embraced industrial leaders while at the same time despising labor unions;
10) Both embraced isolationism. ”Hitler’s foreign policy rejected international cooperation in favor of military and economic coercion, culminating in the annexation of the Sudetenland, the phony Hitler-Stalin nonaggression pact, the invasion of Czechoslovakia, and the horrors of global war; ”
11) Both employed a policy of removing children from their parents;
12) Both embraced mass deportation and detention;
13) Both questioned and attacked the voting process. Hitler purged the voting rolls and questioned the ability of the democratic process to cure Germany’s problems. Trump supported ted purging of the voting roles and refused to say if he would accept the ultimate results;
14) Both often attack the judiciary;
15) Both surrounded themselves with military advisors and assistants;
16) Both valued loyalty oaths;
17) Both wanted unchecked power. “In 1933, Hitler used the pretext of the Reichstag fire to declare a national emergency and seize the power to govern unilaterally. The German judiciary did nothing to stop him. German democracy never recovered .” When Congress refused to fund the order was Trump declared a phony national emergency and claimed the power to ignore Congress;
18) Both were/are misogynistic.
19) On Oct. 13, 2016, Donald J. Trump, said his Hillary Clinton, “meets in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of U.S. sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers.”
In The New York Times, Jonathan Martin said Mr. Trump veered “dangerously close to the territory of ‘The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.’ ”
20) Donald Trump appears to take aspects of his German background seriously. John Walter works for the Trump Organization, and when he visits Donald in his office, Ivana told a friend, he clicks his heels and says, “Heil Hitler,” possibly as a family joke.
21) Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.
The President may question my loyalty to those of my religion. I would too, if I voted for him.